A Business Traveler’s Guide to Los Angeles27 September 2023
Welcome to the ultimate guide for business travelers heading to the vibrant city of Los Angeles. Whether you're here for meetings, conferences, or networking events, we've got you covered with valuable insights to make your trip productive and enjoyable.
When it comes to flying into Los Angeles, you have a few airport options. Each has its perks and drawbacks, so let's explore them in detail.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Global Connectivity: LAX is a major international gateway, offering flights to numerous destinations worldwide. This is ideal for business travelers with international connections.
- Proximity to the City: It's located close to the heart of Los Angeles, making it convenient if your business activities center around downtown or the west side of the city.
- Amenities Galore: LAX boasts a wide range of dining options, shopping outlets, lounges, and car rental services. You won't run out of things to do during layovers.
- Traffic Congestion: Los Angeles is notorious for traffic, and LAX is no exception. Getting to and from the airport during peak hours can be time-consuming.
- Long Security Lines: Due to its size and passenger volume, LAX can have long security lines, so plan accordingly.
- Terminal Transfers: If you have connecting flights between different terminals, it might require extra time for transfers.
Arrival Process: After landing at LAX, you'll need to proceed to the immigration and customs area if you're arriving from an international flight. For domestic arrivals, you'll head straight to the baggage claim area. Keep in mind that immigration lines can be lengthy during peak hours, so consider enrolling in the Global Entry program for expedited clearance.
Interesting Fact: LAX has its own song, "L.A. International Airport" by Susan Raye, which captures the excitement and allure of the airport and the city it serves.
Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR)
- Efficiency: Burbank Airport is known for its quick and hassle-free experience. It's smaller and less crowded than LAX, allowing for smoother security checks and shorter lines.
- Proximity to Northern LA: If your business engagements are in the northern part of Los Angeles or you're heading to nearby areas like Burbank or Glendale, this airport's location is highly convenient.
- Scenic Approach: Arriving or departing from BUR provides passengers with stunning views of the San Fernando Valley and the Hollywood Hills.
- Limited International Flights: Burbank Airport primarily serves domestic flights, so if your business travel involves international destinations, you might need to connect through another airport.
- Fewer Amenities: While it offers the essentials, Burbank Airport has fewer dining and shopping options compared to larger airports like LAX.
- Ground Transportation: Transportation options to and from the airport can be more limited, especially if you're looking for public transportation.
Arrival Process: After landing at Burbank Airport, you'll find the baggage claim area to be relatively quick and straightforward. It's an efficient airport, so you can expect a smooth transition from your flight to your next destination.
Interesting Fact: Hollywood Burbank Airport was originally known as Bob Hope Airport, named after the legendary comedian and actor Bob Hope, who lived in the area. It was later renamed to better reflect its connection to the entertainment industry.
These two airports offer different experiences, so choosing the right one depends on your travel priorities and destination. Whether you opt for the bustling global hub of LAX or the efficiency of Burbank Airport, Los Angeles welcomes you with its diverse opportunities and attractions.
Remember, to ensure a seamless experience, it's a smart move to pre-book transportation services like Bookinglane. Planning is the key to swift and efficient business travel.
Navigating Los Angeles can be a bit challenging due to its size and traffic. Here are some transportation options to help you get around the city.
Airport shuttles are a convenient way to get from the airport to your hotel. They're often cost-effective and can save you the hassle of finding a taxi.
Uber or Other Similar Services
Ride-sharing services like Uber are readily available in LA. They offer a convenient way to travel around the city while avoiding the stress of driving and parking.
For a touch of luxury and comfort, consider booking a limo service for your airport transfers and transportation needs in Los Angeles. Bookinglane offers top-notch options to make your travel experience exceptional.
Best Areas to Stay in Los Angeles
Choosing the right neighborhood for your stay is crucial. Here are some of the best areas for business travelers:
- Downtown Los Angeles: Ideal for proximity to the business district and cultural attractions.
- Santa Monica: Great for a beachfront stay with a relaxed atmosphere.
- Beverly Hills: Perfect if you prefer a more upscale experience.
- West Hollywood: Known for its vibrant nightlife and entertainment options.
Best Places to Eat
Los Angeles is a culinary paradise. Here are some popular places to enjoy a meal:
- In-N-Out Burger: A must-visit for a classic LA burger.
- Grand Central Market: Explore a variety of food stalls offering diverse cuisines.
- Bottega Louie: Known for its delightful pastries and Italian dishes.
- Kogi BBQ Truck: Experience the fusion of Korean and Mexican flavors.
- The Ivy: A celebrity hotspot for upscale American cuisine.
Dos and Don’ts in Los Angeles
- To make the most of your trip and blend in with the locals, consider these dos and don'ts:
- Do try the local food trucks for authentic flavors.
- Do explore LA's diverse neighborhoods to discover hidden gems.
- Do plan your itinerary and allow extra time for traffic.
- Do take advantage of the city's cultural attractions during your downtime.
- Don't underestimate LA's traffic; plan your travel accordingly.
- Don't forget to tip; it's customary in the United States.
- Don't skip sunscreen; the California sun can be intense.
- Don't hesitate to ask locals for recommendations; they love to share their favorite spots.
- With these tips in mind, you're well-prepared to make the most of your business trip to Los Angeles. Enjoy your stay in the City of Angels!